Prostatitis is the most common urinary system disease in men under the age of 50, and the incidence of the disease tends to be younger. About 50% of men will suffer from prostatitis at some point in their lives, and it is one of the main diseases in urology clinics.
What causes prostatitis?
Smoking, drinking, addiction to spicy food, inappropriate sexual activity, long-term sitting cause prolonged hyperemia of the prostate and chronic squeezing of the pelvic floor muscles, cold, fatigue, etc., resulting in decreased body resistance or idiosyncratic physique.
“According to scientific research, do you know several herbal medicines that are currently recognized as effective in treating prostate diseases?.”
Can Lycopene Treat Prostate?
The answer is yes! People who eat a lot of lycopene have a lower risk of prostate cancer. Studies have shown that men with higher levels of lycopene in their blood have a significantly lower chance of developing this type of cancer than men with lower levels of lycopene in their blood.
Researchers from Harvard University and Canada found that the content of lycopene in middle-aged men’s fertile prostate tissue gradually decreased. This phenomenon has a very important relationship with male prostate hypertrophy. And found that the effective supply of appropriate doses of lycopene can help slow down prostate hypertrophy and cancer.
Turkish doctor Omer Kuchak, who is engaged in cancer research at Wiener State University in Detroit, USA, used tomato pigment to make medicinal capsules to treat prostate cancer patients, and achieved significant curative effect. Kuchak conducted a group experiment on 26 prostate cancer patients waiting for surgery. One group took capsules made of lycopene extracted from tomatoes, twice a day, 15 mg each time; the other group did not take the capsules. Three weeks later, he was surprised to find that the tumors of the patients who took the tomato capsules shrunk significantly, and some almost eliminated them.
2. Saw palmetto
Saw palmetto is no stranger to us. It is a substance extracted from plants and known as “natural finasteride”. The berries of saw palmetto were first used by American Indians to treat prostate diseases and urinary tract infections. Later, German people added saw palmetto to the prescription for the prevention and treatment of prostate hypertrophy for the first time, which greatly improved the curative effect. Therefore, saw palmetto quickly became popular in Europe and America. Saw palmetto, as a health product, is mainly used to prevent prostate diseases. It can reduce the androgen DHT in the human body, which is beneficial to the prostate and hair. As it is extracted from plants, it basically has no side effects,
The soft capsule of Saw palmetto fruit extract is made from the components extracted from Saw palmetto fruit. It is a kind of plant medicine, and is also a safe and convenient drug in clinical use. This medicine has a certain therapeutic effect on prostatitis and benign prostatic hyperplasia, can improve the symptoms of abnormal urination, and has a relatively good effect on dysuria, frequent urination, urgency, dripping urine and other symptoms, and usually has a quick effect.
3. Pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds protect the male prostate. American research found that eating about 50g pumpkin seeds (equivalent to 20-25 melon seeds, with an average weight of 68mg) every day can effectively prevent and treat prostate diseases. This is because the hormone secretion function of the prostate depends on fatty acids, and pumpkin seeds are rich in fatty acids, which can keep the prostate function well. The active ingredients contained in it can eliminate the swelling of prostatitis at the initial stage and prevent prostate cancer at the same time. However, for some stubborn patients, because the prostate hyperplasia is too serious, more than 12 times larger than the general gland, taking it has no effect. It is recommended that surgical resection be better to avoid prostate cancer.
Pumpkin seeds can improve sperm quality. Experts point out that this is because pumpkin seeds contain a lot of zinc. From the perspective of western medicine, eating more food rich in zinc is not only good for the prostate, but also can increase the number of sperm; From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine, foods rich in zinc have the function of tonifying the kidney and help improve male fertility. In addition to melon seeds, nuts such as hazelnuts and peanuts are also rich in zinc, which can greatly improve the quality of sperm.
4. Bee Pollen
Prostate disease is a relatively stubborn male disease, and the consumption of bee pollen has a very good therapeutic effect on prostate disease, especially rape pollen, which is recognized as the best bee pollen variety for prostate treatment. The development and maintenance of physiological state of the prostate depend on sufficient androgens in the body, especially the balance between androgen and estrogen.
The pathogenesis of BPH is related to many factors such as the imbalance of the regulation and control of the endocrine system of the body, the decay of the physiological functions of organs and tissues, etc. It is mainly due to the disorder of the proportion of sex hormones in the elderly men, which leads to the excessive conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, which makes BPH swell, obstructs the urethra and affects the excretion of urine.
The role of bee pollen in the treatment of BPH lies in that it can play the role of estrogen like and anti androgen at the hormone receptor level, inhibit the biological effect of dihydrotestosterone, make the hyperplastic discharge reverse normal myopia, and regulate the function of bladder and urethra smooth muscle of patients. In particular, more than 20 kinds of amino acids such as glutamic acid and proline contained in peak pollen can improve the blood circulation of prostate tissue, reduce edema Relieve urethral obstruction caused by prostate hyperplasia.
Daily maintenance for Prostatitis:
1. Choice of staple food and beans: Diuretic staple food can be used, such as japonica rice, millet, cornmeal, corn dregs, sorghum rice, flour, red bean, mung bean, broad bean, soybean, black bean, etc. In addition, soybeans and their products, such as tofu, soy milk, and dried tofu, are rich in soybean isoflavones.
2. The choice of meat, egg and milk: Some meat products have diuretic effect, such as pork, chicken, white duck, carp, herring, whitebait, yellow croaker, sea bass, etc. In addition, chicken and shellfish are the best sources of selenium, oysters , Oysters are rich in zinc.
3. Choice of vegetables: wax gourd, pumpkin, cucumber, zucchini, radish, amaranth, bitter gourd, cabbage, kelp, etc. Many of the above vegetables can diuretic and facilitate urination. Among them, cabbage heart and eggplant can also clear away heat and detoxify, disperse blood and reduce swelling.
4. Choice of fruit: watermelon, melon, apple, plum, grape, orange, tangerine, pineapple, water chestnut, sugar cane, etc.
5. Others: Other foods such as wheat germ, sesame, peanuts, and pumpkin seeds contain a lot of zinc, and prostate patients can eat more.
1. Smoking less, drinking less alcohol, and eating less spicy and greasy food;
2. Avoid sitting for a long time, you must get up and move for a few minutes after sitting for an hour;
3. Persist in exercising, and must proceed step by step;
4. Keep drinking plenty of water, the way of drinking water is a small amount and many times, and drink less water before going to bed;
5. When urinating, you can massage the perineum to completely remove the deposited urine;
6. Go to bed early and get up early, usually fall asleep before 11:00 pm and wake up before 7:00 am;
7. Avoid getting cold, especially the prostate area;
8. Have a restrained sex life.